Do this online CPD module if you already offer or are expanding your menu of services to include the management of common hyperpigmentation disorders for your clients. It takes approximately six (6) hours to complete and has a one (1) hour exam. The exam is open book, the pass rate is 75% and you have three (3) attempts. You can take as long as you like to complete the CPD module so you can fit it in around your other responsibilities. This CPD module has some optional extension work. If you choose to do that it may take you up to four (4) hours (four CPD hours/points).
We recommend that the Laser & intense pulsed light safety training course (cosmetic practice) be completed before attempting this CPD module in order to fully comprehend the principles behind the technology being used.
- Objective assessment & realistic expectations
- Preparing the skin with cosmeceuticals
- Common aesthetic presentations
- Realistic expectations
- Pre treatment considerations
- Wood lamp skin examination
- Pigmented lesions
- Epidermal lesions
- Dermoepidermal lesions
- Dermal lesions
- Clinical end point examples
- Therapeutic parameters and light application techniques
Expected learning outcomes:
- Identify client assessment tools for determining depth of rhytides and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices
- Use evidence based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with common hyperpigmentation disorders seen in cosmetic/aesthetic practice
- Select appropriate clients for reduction of pigmentation and skin rejuvenation and manage client expectations
- Differentiate between hyperpigmentation disorder and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage hyperpigmentation disorder
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to skin rejuvenation
Money back guarantee: We have user friendly processes that ensure completion of your course or your fees refunded (click here for details).
This course meets sx hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.