Do this course if you would like to learn more about treating conditions like rosacea, birth marks, broken capillaries, telangiectasia and leg veins using laser and IPL.
How long does it take?
It takes approximately six (6) hours to complete and has a one (1) hour exam. The exam is open book, the pass rate is 75% and you have three (3) attempts. You can take as long as you like to complete the CPD module so you can fit it in around your other responsibilities.
1. Common aesthetic presentations: Rosacea, telangiectasia & leg veins, cherry angioma & venous lakes, Poikiloderma of Civatte, port wine stain birth marks, infantile hemangiomas
2. Vascular lasers & intense pulsed light
3. Pre treatment considerations
4. Common aesthetic presentations & their clinical end points
5. Light application techniques
6. Realistic expectations
7. Principles of professional and clinical practice.
- Identify client assessment tools for determining depth of rhytides and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices
- Use evidence based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with common vascular conditions seen in cosmetic/aesthetic practice
- Select appropriate clients for vascular conditions and manage client expectations
- Differentiate between vascular conditions and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage vascular conditions
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to the treatment of vascular conditions
We recommend that the Laser & intense pulsed light safety training course (cosmetic practice) be completed before attempting this CPD module in order to fully comprehend the principles behind the technology being used.
This course meets sx hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
Money back guarantee: We have user friendly processes that ensure completion of your course or your fees refunded (click here for details).