Do this course if you would like to learn more about treating conditions like rosacea, birthmarks, broken capillaries, telangiectasia and leg veins using laser and IPL.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn. Doctors, nurses, beauty/dermal therapist or anyone who currently performs laser tattoo removal or are planning to in the future.
Mode of delivery
Investment of time
This course takes 4 hours to complete. Assessment is one online, open book quiz.
There are no prerequisites for this course but knowledge about skin anatomy and physiology is an advantage.
- Common aesthetic presentations: Rosacea, telangiectasia & leg veins, cherry angioma & venous lakes, Poikiloderma of Civatte, port-wine stain birthmarks, infantile hemangiomas
- Vascular lasers & intense pulsed light
- Pre-treatment considerations
- Common aesthetic presentations & their clinical endpoints
- Light application techniques
- Realistic expectations
- Principles of professional and clinical practice.
Expected learning outcomes
- Identify client assessment tools for determining the depth of rhytides and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices
- Use evidence-based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with common vascular conditions seen in cosmetic/aesthetic practice
- Select appropriate clients for vascular conditions and manage client expectations
- Differentiate between vascular conditions and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage vascular conditions
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to the treatment of vascular conditions
How long does it take?
Up to four hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like to do it. Assessment is a one hour, online, open book exam.
We recommend that the Laser & intense pulsed light safety training course (cosmetic practice) be completed before attempting this CPD module in order to fully comprehend the principles behind the technology being used..