Laser Tattoo Removal Masterclass (Gold Coast)
Tattoo removal is a specialist skill. This masterclass is ideal for doctors, nurses, beauty and dermal therapists or other laser tattoo removal technicians who currently perform laser tattoo removal or people who are seeking to broaden their skillset into this rapidly growing area.
It is useful if you are working or planning to work in your own tattoo removal business or for someone else. Not only does it revisit the fundamentals of laser safety but also shares everything you need to know when removing tattoos with a laser.
This practical workshop is the perfect excuse to spend time at Mermaid Beach on the beautiful Gold Coast! It will be in the relaxed learning environment at Complexions Skincare Clinic, a fully accredited cosmetic medicine clinic.
- Client consent, medical history taking, education, preparation and post-treatment care
- Assessing the approximate number of treatments
- Realistic expectations
- Laser application and treatment technique
- Managing pain
- Laser tattoo removal (ink, wavelength, clinical endpoints)
- Use of anaesthesia
- Principles of professional and clinical practice.
Expected learning outcomes
You will learn about:
- Preparing a laser room
- Performing a patient consultation
- Obtaining informed consent
- Assessing contraindications and appropriateness for laser tattoo removal treatment
- Explaining to clients what treatment involves
- Discussing expected side effects, risks and adverse outcomes
- Patch testing and end points
- Performing tattoo removal
- Providing follow up care and advice
- Determining the need for anaesthetic Documenting treatments
- Assessing and managing pain and discomfort
- Managing bruising, swelling, pigment changes, burn, activation of herpes simplex virus
- Determining the need for cooling or smoke evacuation devices
- Donning personal protective equipment and infection control
- Developing a referral pathway.
This course meets six hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
Mode of delivery
Hands-on practical experience.
Investment of time
I feel I have gained the necessary groundwork to confidently commence a career in laser therapeutics. Joel Mason, CRNI CNC
You will be provided with course notes, plenty of hands-on experience and on completion, a Certificate of Attendance that you can use for your CPD. This experience may be used to commence a log book.
Models will be provided to facilitate the learning sessions.
Mandatory-an accredited laser safety course. Desirable-Additional laser tattoo removal education. Would you like to both of these things in a really cost-effective way? Do the Tattoo Removal and Laser Safety Course- Online and be ready to go and get the most out of your masterclass.
All the details
When: Saturday December 22nd
Where: Complexions Skincare Clinic 52 Peerless Ave, Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast Queensland
This course is taught by highly experienced nurse practitioner, Gordon Lonie, who has plenty of real-world experience and is a great clinician and teacher. He holds a full Radiation Health Queensland Tattoo Removal Licence and will help give you the confidence to understand treating tattoos with laser technology and improve your clinical practice skills.
This training is delivered by Complexions Skin Care who accept responsibility for the participant and the outcomes of the training. For further information call Gordon Lonie (Nurse Practitioner) +61 402 866 713.
Put it on lay-buy
We don’t want anything to stand in the way of your career development, so we offer highly flexible payment options.
With our ‘lay buy’ option, you select the down payment percentage and how many months you need to purchase the course. We fully-automate the highly-secured process, with only a one-time, 0.9% admin fee and no interest added! Full payment is required prior to attending your masterclass.
For terms and conditions please click here.