Learn about cosmetic injectables and do an online course written by the nurse practitioner who developed the standards and scope of practice for cosmetic nurses in Australia, Adj A/Professor. Elissa O'Keefe and her Brains Trust. Gain the knowledge you need to go on to learn how perform upper face muscle relaxants and dermal filler in lips and cheeks using a variety of techniques and products. Practical experience can be gained by mentorship in the workplace or a training academy.
Who is it for? AHPRA registered doctors, registered nurses and nurse practitioners who:
- Would like to start their own business or expand their current one
- Are already doing cosmetic injectables but would like to make their practice more efficient or employ more staff
- Plan to work for someone but need to upgrade their skills/scope of practice
- Would like the peace of mind of having some certification around their skills
- Overseas registered health practitioners are welcome to enrol.
- Facial anatomy overview, have a deep understanding of the structure of the treatment areas and how to avoid complications
- Theory & signs of aging, plan bespoke treatments around prevention and rejuvenation
- Full facial assessment, know where to start and how to progress through a plan for natural, beautiful results
- Patient consultation, understand injectables in the wider context of medical history and lifestyle
- Long term treatment planning, develop a lifelong relationship by collaborating with your patient
- Convert patients into happy customers, help them understand the benefits of being in the safe hands of a competent and confident injector
- Legislative overview, stay within safe professional guidelines
- Informed consent, enable your legal obligations to be covered and empower your patients
- Managing common medical emergencies including vascular occlusion
- Muscle relaxants & dermal fillers in practice
- Learn all the most popular treatments plus others to expand your offering
- Managing consumables and other clinical necessities.
What you will get
Apart from awesome education? You will receive a certificate of completion and then you are ready for practical experience.
Investment of time
Online course work, six hours.
We don’t want anything to get in the way of you achieving your dreams and supercharging your career. That’s why we offer Openpay. In three simple steps, get started.
- 1. Choose Openpay at enrolment and follow the steps to sign up.
- 2. Pay your first instalment today, spread the rest over weekly or fortnightly instalments. We will have you enrolled straight away.
- 3. Your remaining payments will be taken automatically from your chosen card.
This course accrues six of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives. It may also attract RACGP points as per their guidelines.