This beginner's course is for anyone who is starting a career in cosmetic practice, learning about medical-grade skincare or peels, laser/IPL or using other energy-based devices who either have no previous experience working with medical grade skincare or is keen to do a refresher.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is wanting to start a career in the area.
Mode of delivery
Investment of time
Two hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like. Assessment is a one-hour, online, open book quiz.
There are no prerequisites for this course but completion of the Skin Anatomy & Physiology for Cosmetic Treatments is an advantage.
Expected learning outcomes
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a skincare consultation
- Understand the use of common, validated skin assessment tools
- Understand the importance of medical-grade skincare in relation to other cosmetic treatments
- Realistic client/patient expectations
- Understand a number of core ingredients used including vitamin A, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, peptides and physical sunscreen
- Preventing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation with medical-grade skincare
This course meets four hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
What happens once I enrol?
An email confirming your enrolment will be sent immediately and then you will be sent your online course login details in a second, separate email. If this second email doesn't show up, please check your spam. It will have a link to your course and simple instructions on how to set your password. Once you log in to your course(s) they will show up on the first page as a hyperlink. If you do not receive an email with your log in details within two working days (it is usually much faster than this though) please check that the email hasn't been blocked by your firewall.
Any questions? Call us on 1300 001 808 or Contact Us.