THINKING ABOUT A CAREER IN HAIR REMOVAL AND LIVE IN WESTERN SYDNEY OR SURROUNDS?
Enrolments close September 21st!
The demand for hair removal services in Western Sydney is huge and many people are starting their own salons or working in ever-expanding clinics.
This course is suitable for anyone who is wanting to use a laser or intense pulsed light (IPL) device for hair removal. It enables the participant to start to use lasers or IPL for hair removal in NSW including the certification that is required to get insurance. It also includes online access to HAIR REDUCTION using laser and IPL (CPD module)
Places are limited!
Who is it for? Beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists, people wanting to become laser/IPL technicians.
When is it?
9am-5.30pm Saturday 28th September
9-3-Laser/IPL Safety Course
3.30-5.30 Practical demonstration by Lutronic
Operational characteristics of lasers
- Generation of the laser beam and propagation of light
- Characteristics of lasers and the laser beam
- Properties of different types of lasers
- Optical pathways
- Delivery systems and applicators/including IPL
- Laser controls, e.g. power/pulse/time settings, emergency control and delivery systems.
- Laser-tissue interactions
- Particular hazards of delivery systems
- Ocular and skin hazards
- Patient-specific hazards
- Reflected beam hazards
- Laser plume hazards
- Fire, explosion, electrical and environmental hazards.
Principles and procedures for safe laser use
- Standards, regulations and guidelines
- Laser classification and hazard analysis
- Audit of laser facilities
- Laser controls in health care facilities
- Examples of safe practice and programs
- Equipment inspection (quality assurance) protocols
- Investigation and management of laser accidents/incidents
- Eye protection and protective eyewear
- Potential for fire and explosion and protection against flammability hazards
- Management of airborne contaminants (laser plume)
- Electrical safety
- Laser controlled areas—designation, warning signs, entry controls, control of access to the laser
- Hazards of particular procedures
- Role and responsibilities of an LSO
PLUS: Online module:
- Realistic client expectations
- Biology of hair growth and phases
- Treatment intervals
- Client preparation, care and follow up
- Devices for hair reduction
- Medical conditions affecting hair growth
- Principles of professional and clinical practice.
Mode of delivery: Face to face, classroom style and online module
Trainers: The course is taught by an AHPRA registered and clinically current NP with post-graduate qualifications that include a Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment and laser safety certification and who is cognisant of the AUS/NZ standard 4173 for laser and intense light systems.
What you will get: Education by a highly experienced clinician, the opportunity to network with peers, a workbook, access to the online exam, a certificate of completion. Course fees do not include lunch.
Venue: Novotel Sydney Parramatta, 350 Church St, Parramatta NSW
Accreditation: This laser/IPL safety course can be used as the laser safety education evidence for a license application to Queensland Radiation Health (ED255), Government of Western Australia Radiological Council and the Tasmanian Government Radiation Protection Unit. NSW does NOT have licensing.
NOTE: THIS COURSE FORMS PART OF THE LASER SAFETY EDUCATIONAL EVIDENCE REQUIRED FOR LASER APPLICATIONS IN QUEENSLAND, WESTERN AUSTRALIA AND TASMANIA. IT IS NOT A LICENCE.
Please contact us if you would like to send multiple staff and we will provide a bespoke quote for you.