What is a laser Radiation Safety Protection Plan (RSPP)?
A Radiation Safety Protection Plan (RSPP) is a risk management strategy for the use of laser, intense pulsed light (IPL) or LED phototherapy devices in your salon, clinic or medical facility. It is designed as an education tool for your staff and to prevent adverse outcomes for staff and clients alike.
Some common areas that are addressed in a Radiation Safety Protection Plans are:
- Relevant legislation
- Responsibilities of the laser registrant, laser safety officer and laser users
- Access control
- Safety and personal protective equipment
- Machine information, repair and maintenance
- Record keeping
- Doing a test patch
- What to do when things go wrong
- Licensing and scope of practice for laser therapists
- Policies and procedures specific to your clinic
The great news is that we can prepare yours for you, saving hours of time and stress. We help people from Queensland and Western Australia with them all the time so they can get their businesses up and running as fast as possible. CLICK HERE for more information.
This blog post has been vigilantly researched and fact checked to ensure that it is accurate, reliable and up to date. You must keep in mind that errors and omissions may occur and that we welcome any feedback or corrections in this regard. We encourage you to do your own research to verify the accuracy and contemporary nature of the information presented.