BEGINNER ONLINE LASER & IPL SAFETY COURSE (INDUSTRY ENDORSED)
** June Special **
Get a $147 voucher to spend on any Bravura course over $300
Simply sign up to Bravura Beauties, our membership program (with no contracts - cancel any time) and get a $147 voucher! (Members also get exclusive discounts on all courses)
Gain national accreditation and provide a broad range of services to customers. Be ready to work in the industry, or to start a business and work on your own terms.
Online courses mean you can learn at your own rate.
Working with Elissa and Bravura Education is always smooth sailing and they absolutely know how to deliver cost and time effective solutions. Unlike other education providers, this is a genuine online learning experience where our staff were provided with comprehensive lectures, relevant clinical information and resources and were always supported in their learning experience. The cosmetic courses prepare clinicians for working with all types of lasers and light therapies and covers a variety of common patient presentations that make sense when applying knowledge to practice. Training with Bravura Education allowed our staff to study in their own time, at their own speed and has given them the confidence to be on the floor and up and running quickly.
Suzie Hoitink RN (Founder, Clear Complexions Clinics, 2016)
ABOUT THE COURSE
This is the main course to take when you start in this industry.
The course helps you meet national certification standards in all of the states and territories when you’re using laser or IPL and is a Laser/IPL Safety Certificate too.
This program leads into our Advanced Accreditation Course, so you can increase your knowledge and increase your clinical skills. Students who do this combination are able to make the absolute best of their practical experience.
Our online courses provide the convenience of learning new skills and gaining knowledge in the time and location that works for you.
Operational characteristics of lasers
- Properties and characteristics of different types of lasers
- Delivery systems and applicators/including IPL
- Laser controls, e.g. power/pulse/time settings, emergency control and delivery systems.
- Laser-tissue interactions and particular hazards of delivery systems
- Ocular and skin hazards, patient-specific hazards, reflected beam hazards and laser plume hazards
- Fire, explosion, electrical and environmental hazards.
- Examples of safe practice and programs
- Laser Electrical safety
- Eye protection and protective eyewear
- Investigation and management of laser accidents/incidents
- Potential for fire and explosion and protection against flammability hazards
- Management of airborne contaminants (laser plume)
Principles and procedures for safe laser use
- Standards, regulations and guidelines
- Laser classification and hazard analysis
- Audit of laser facilities
- Laser controls in health care facilities
- Equipment inspection (quality assurance) protocols
- Laser controlled areas—designation, warning signs, entry controls, control of access to the laser
- Role and responsibilities of an LSO.
Expected learning outcomes
- Explain the scientific underpinning of how and why lasers and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) operate
- Identify the tissue interactions when using lasers and IPL
- Identify and interpret the legal considerations for the use of laser and IPL technologies in Australian states/territories
- Identify potential risks and identify resources to develop safety plans for the use of lasers and IPL in a clinical setting
- Classify, explain and select appropriate lasers and IPL for a variety of clinical presentations
Finally an IPL course for medical and nursing professionals! This course sets the benchmark for safe practice in IPL & laser nationally. As an RN with a Bachelor Sc., the IPL courses offered through the 'beauty industry' just didn't cut it for me and couldn't compete with the academic level of content in this course. It combines advanced light physics with dermatology and research - so much interesting learning material included. Doing this course has put me on the right path to safe, professional, best practice in IPL and laser. Thanks Elissa.
Tracey Rodda RN, Renu-U, Emerald, Qld.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Enrol now for just $499
The most in-depth training available in Australia today
Dr. John Flynn (Senior Cosmetic Surgeon, Queensland, Aesthetic Practitioners Journal 2015)
Excellent course gives up to date information and best practice for clinical use
Gordon Lonie (Complexions Skin Care, Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Injector, Qld)
Explains a complex subject in a way that I can understand it. I really enjoyed it!
Ros Layton, (Taylor Clinic, NSW)
START LEARNING TODAY
Enrol now for just $499
* No refunds on Buy One, Get One Free
This course is perfect for GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists. Anyone who is wanting to start a career in the area including:
- Beauty therapists wanting to expand their offerings or start a new clinic
- Nurses who work in dermatology, cosmetic nursing or plastic surgery
- Doctors pursuing cosmetic medicine
- Dentists wanting to offer facial aesthetic services
- Business owners wanting to educate new staff or upskill or retain current staff
- People wanting to change careers who are interested in cosmetic medicine, hair removal, tattoo removal, a skin clinic or in running their own business. This laser safety course is the start of your journey.
No! This course has no prerequisites. However, knowledge of skin anatomy and understanding of physiology is a benefit.
Yes! Our course is endorsed by the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and Australian College of Nursing. You can use it as evidence to apply for a licence to Queensland Radiation Health (ED256), Government of Western Australia Radiological Council and the Tasmanian Government Radiation Protection Unit.
Yes, includes a Laser/IPL Safety Certificate and a Laser Safety Officer Certificate. This can be downloaded immediately when you successfully complete your course.
This course takes eight hours and can be done in your own time and at your own pace. You may take as long as you like. Assessment is an online two-hour, open book exam.
You’ll receive an email that confirms your enrolment. Then you’ll receive your online course login details in a separate email (be sure to check your spam!)
This second email will contain a link to your course along with simple steps to set your password.
Yes! We offer flexible payment options because we don’t want anything to slow down your career growth.
You can get started on your training straight away!
Yes! You get 10% off when you enrol in the ADVANCED Online Laser & IPL Clinical Practice Theory at the same time as enrolling in this one. To get the discount, enter the code: COSMETIC2019 after adding both courses to your order. This SAVES YOU $120