Do this online module if you already offer or are expanding your menu of services to include resurfacing and rejuvenation for photodamage, scarring or skin health using lasers, ipl and/or skin needling for your clients.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn. GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists or those interested in a career in this rapidly evolving industry.
Investment of time
This course takes upto 4 hours to complete.
- Objective assessment & realistic expectations
- Preparing the skin with cosmeceuticals
- Atrophic/acne scarring
- Hypertrophic & keloid scarring
- Striae distensae (stretch marks)
- Rhytides & pores
- Choosing therapeutic parameters
- Ablative (traditional/full field) laser
- Non-ablative fractional laser
- Non-ablative laser
- Intense pulsed light
- Percutaneous collagen induction
- Caring for the skin post-treatment with cosmeceuticals.
Expected learning outcomes
- Use evidence-based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with a need for skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation
- Select appropriate clients for skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation and manage client expectations
- Identify client assessment tools for determining the depth of rhytides (wrinkles) and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Assess scarring for type and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage rhytides, pores and striae distensae (stretch marks)
- Differentiate between ablative, non-ablative lasers and intense pulsed light devices and choose the appropriate combination for the clinical presentation
- Understand the principles of percutaneous collagen induction (micro-needling, skin needling, skin rollering)
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices for best client outcomes both before and after treatment
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation
How long does it take?
Up to four hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like to do it. Assessment is a one hour, online, open book exam.
This course meets four hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
START LEARNING TODAY
Enrol now for just $199