Do this online module if you already offer or are expanding your menu of services to include resurfacing and rejuvenation for photodamage, scarring or skin health using lasers, ipl and/or skin needling for your clients.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn. GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists or those interested in a career in this rapidly evolving industry.
Mode of delivery
Investment of time
This course takes upto 4 hours to complete.
There are no prerequisites for this course but knowledge about skin anatomy and physiology is an advantage.
- Objective assessment & realistic expectations
- Preparing the skin with cosmeceuticals
- Atrophic/acne scarring
- Hypertrophic & keloid scarring
- Striae distensae (stretch marks)
- Rhytides & pores
- Choosing therapeutic parameters
- Ablative (traditional/full field) laser
- Non-ablative fractional laser
- Non-ablative laser
- Intense pulsed light
- Percutaneous collagen induction
- Caring for the skin post-treatment with cosmeceuticals.
Expected learning outcomes
- Use evidence-based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with a need for skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation
- Select appropriate clients for skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation and manage client expectations
- Identify client assessment tools for determining the depth of rhytides (wrinkles) and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Assess scarring for type and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage rhytides, pores and striae distensae (stretch marks)
- Differentiate between ablative, non-ablative lasers and intense pulsed light devices and choose the appropriate combination for the clinical presentation
- Understand the principles of percutaneous collagen induction (micro-needling, skin needling, skin rollering)
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices for best client outcomes both before and after treatment
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to skin resurfacing and/or rejuvenation
How long does it take?
Money back guarantee
We have user-friendly processes that ensure completion of your course or your fees refunded.
To be eligible for our Money back guarantee all coursework must be completed and three attempts at the final assessments as well as any additional support as determined by our education team. There are no refunds after access to a face to face course or practical training has been granted. (click here for details).