Do this online short course if you already offer or are expanding your menu of services to include the management of common hyperpigmentation disorders for your clients using lasers and IPL.
We recommend that a laser safety certificate be completed before attempting this CPD module in order to fully comprehend the principles behind the technology being used.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn! GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists or those interested in a career in this rapidly evolving industry.
Mode of delivery
Investment of time
Up to four hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like to do it. Assessment is a one hour, online, open book exam.
There are no prerequisites for this course but knowledge about skin anatomy and physiology is an advantage.
- Objective assessment & realistic expectations
- Preparing the skin with cosmeceuticals
- Common aesthetic presentations
- Realistic expectations
- Pre treatment considerations
- Wood lamp skin examination
- Pigmented lesions
- Epidermal lesions
- Dermoepidermal lesions
- Dermal lesions including melasma
- Clinical end point examples
- Therapeutic parameters and light application techniques
Expected learning outcomes
- Identify client assessment tools for determining depth of rhytides and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices
- Use evidence based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with common hyperpigmentation disorders seen in cosmetic/aesthetic practice
- Select appropriate clients for reduction of pigmentation and skin rejuvenation and manage client expectations
- Differentiate between hyperpigmentation disorder and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage hyperpigmentation disorder
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to skin rejuvenation