This course is for anyone who is starting a career in cosmetic practice, learning about medical-grade skincare or peels, laser/IPL or using other energy-based devices who either have no previous experience working with skin or is keen to do a refresher.
Understand the anatomy and physiology of both skin and hair and prepare yourself to deliver the best possible care for your clients.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is wanting to start a career in the area.
Mode of delivery
Investment of time
Four hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like. Assessment is a one-hour, online, open book quiz.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Expected learning outcomes
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the integumentary system and the role it plays in homeostasis
- Describe the layers of the skin and the functions of each layer
- Describe the accessory structures of the skin and the functions of each
- Describe the changes that occur in the integumentary system during the aging process
- Discuss several common diseases, disorders, and injuries that affect the integumentary system
- Explain treatments for some common diseases, disorders, and injuries of the integumentary system
Flexible payment options
We don’t want anything to get in the way of you achieving your dreams and supercharging your career. That’s why we offer flexible payment options, as explained below, get started.
- 1. Click HERE to apply for a student loan with low costs.
- 2. Pay your first instalment today, spread out the rest. We will have you enrolled straight away.
- 3. Your remaining payments will automatically be taken care of. How easy is that?
This course meets four hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
This course is supported by William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Michelson 20MM Foundation, Maxfield Foundation, Open Society Foundations, and Rice University. Powered by OpenStax CNX.
What happens once I enrol?
An email confirming your enrolment will be sent immediately and then you will be sent your online course login details in a second, separate email. If this second email doesn't show up, please check your spam. It will have a link to your course and simple instructions on how to set your password. Once you log in to your course(s) they will show up on the first page as a hyperlink. If you do not receive an email with your log in details within two working days (it is usually much faster than this though) please check that the email hasn't been blocked by your firewall.
Any questions? Call us on 1300 001 808 or Contact Us.