Finding yourself with some extra time on your hands and wanting to hone your skills and be job-ready?
Always wanted to know more about this for your clients but been too busy?
Do this course if you would like to learn more about treating conditions like rosacea, birthmarks, broken capillaries, telangiectasia and leg veins using laser and IPL.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn! GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists or those interested in a career in this rapidly evolving industry.
Who is it for?
Anyone wanting to learn. Doctors, nurses, beauty/dermal therapist or anyone who currently performs laser tattoo removal or are planning to in the future.
Investment of time
This course takes 4 hours to complete. Assessment is one online, open book quiz.
1. Common aesthetic presentations: Rosacea, telangiectasia & leg veins, cherry angioma & venous lakes, Poikiloderma of Civatte, port-wine stain birthmarks, infantile hemangiomas
2. Vascular lasers & intense pulsed light
3. Pre-treatment considerations
4. Common aesthetic presentations & their clinical endpoints
5. Light application techniques
6. Realistic expectations
7. Principles of professional and clinical practice.
- Identify client assessment tools for determining the depth of rhytides and photoaging and communicating treatment plans and results to clients and colleagues
- Understand the importance of the appropriate cosmeceutical choices
- Use evidence-based practice to inform clinical decisions when treating clients with common vascular conditions seen in cosmetic/aesthetic practice
- Select appropriate clients for vascular conditions and manage client expectations
- Differentiate between vascular conditions and choose the most appropriate treatment combinations
- Appropriately manage vascular conditions
- Recognise infection control responsibilities as they relate to the treatment of vascular conditions
How long does it take?
Up to four hours at your own pace, in your own time and you can take as long as you like to do it. Assessment is a one hour, online, open book exam.
We recommend that the Laser & intense pulsed light safety training course (cosmetic practice) be completed before attempting this CPD module in order to fully comprehend the principles behind the technology being used.
This course meets four hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
Money back guarantee: We have user-friendly processes that ensure completion of your course or your fees refunded (click here for details).