- You may have incomplete resolution of the tattoo or “Ghosting" as it's sometimes referred to as
- Lots of treatments, 47% of tattoos require up to 10 sessions and 26% require more than 15 sessions
- Response will be reduced if you are:
- a smoker
- the colours used in the tattoo are any other than black
- it's larger than 30 square centimetres
- on your feet or legs
- is more than three years old
- It can be painful and you might need analgesia (pain relief) prescribed for you
- Your skin may scar or darken
- Believe it or not amateur tattoos generally resolve better than professional ones because the ink isn't deposited as well in the skin.
1. Education and understanding of the machine
The client you are treating, and their safety is in your hands.